Sunday, July 13, 2008

Now that my head is screwed on straight

What a wild few weeks. Things are still nuttier than a fruit cake. On Friday, I drove down to Abilene (about 3 hours south) because my dad and his wife were en route to Denver and stopped there. Theoretically, it would've made more sense for them to come to my house since I am further north, but they wanted to eat at a Mexican restaurant we ate at 8 years ago. We've been trying to get the salsa, and he really wanted some, so he drove there. Anyway, me, Clint, Mackenzie, and our frined Von went there. The next morning we got up and went to a car auction, Academy, Target then Johnny Carino's. We stopped at a liquor store then as we were leaving Von noticed the batter light was on. GREAT. We just replaced the battery. We got to an AutoZone, they (both mechanics) checked it out, and decided to limp it home. 70 miles from home, we're on the side of the road with a dead vehicle. A man stopped to help us, jump started the car, let us go to his house, until our friend Cox came with new batteries. We drove 30 miles out of our way to get to O'Reilly's, where we bought an alternator. The problem wasn't fixed. So then we drove 70 miles home. What a weekend. I crashed on the couch around 10pm, went to my bed around midnight, and got up at 8:30am.

I've already put a load of laundry on, folded towels, and cleaned two bathrooms. I have A LOT more laundry and dishes to do. We have to go get Clint's daughter tonight. What a weekend! have I said that already?

So I FINALLY talked to Tony. What a GREAT conversation. I decided to go with the program, at least for another month. I feel really good about this decision. I just need to make time for myself--getting to the gym, eating right, etc. I HAVE to do this. I am not near my goals. Maybe this next month will bring me there. It better. I am NOT wasting another month!

That's all I've got. I was going to wait until tomorrow to get back on track, but why put off another day? The sucky thing is that my dad brought me some fresh corn, cantaloupe, and watermelon from the garden. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR...HE brought me creamed corn and red beans, but it's frozen, so it can wait. I guess Clint and Von will be eating the boiled corn and okra. (Almost forgot the okra!)


2 comments:

Laura McIntyre said...

What a crazy weekend, sounds like is was fun though.

Good luck this month, hope it goes well

Anonymous said...

WOW, girlie, that really WAS some weekend!!!

I know that life seems to take on a life of it's own sometimes and saying that you NEED to take time out for yourself is pretty useless when you have NO time, but it's SO very important. It's still hard for me to say to my kids and husband, "I'm going to the gym, be back in 2 hours." I get the looks. But I have to remember that this is ME time and I NEED this time. It's not wasted time, nor is it selfish time. It's time that is necessary for my health and for the health of those around me.

I'm really glad to hear that you're gonna give yourself another month with Tony. I'm REALLY glad to hear that you had a GOOD conversation. Stick with it, and if you want to call it selfish, do this FOR YOU and no one else. YOU deserve to feel good about YOU.

HUGS