Saturday, June 5, 2010

I'm BACK!!!

I'm back here again. Got rid of the squarespace site. I just didn't think paying for a blog I rarely used was/is a good idea. I hope to start blogging more. I don't have the internet at home. Well, I have to use my blackberry as a modem and half the time it doesn't work. Nevertheless, I hope to start blogging more.

So, what's going on in my life. Here's some highlights:
  • Baby is 7 months old today
  • Still carrying baby weight
  • After baby, got down to 152-155ish. Dr discovered thyroid and hormone issues, maybe even insulin problems
  • Got down to 14, currently around 142-144
  • Goal is to get back to 115ish; I'd be happy at 120
  • Still in Texas
  • Started new job on base. Much more challenging. For once in my life I am actually working
  • I love summer time and all the produce that's available
  • Summer means salads and grilling!
  • Finally made it to the Farmer's Market. Went a little late, only bought peaches and pecans
  • I need to start working out again. Started P90X, had finger surgery. I'd like to get back into it. My new job is right by a gym too; we'll see. Of course there was a small gym in the old building where I worked, so I won't hold me breath.

Bottom line: I haven't got the baby weight off yet, but that's my #1 goal. I still have close to 30 lbs to drop. The only way it will come off is with restricted calories and working out. By no means will I starve myself, but I have to consume less food, period. But I am not going back to the days of green beans and tuna. Sure, I'd love to look like a figure competitor, but fact is, I don't want to do the work. I peruse blogs and you can tell who belongs on the stage and who merely dreams of it. Those who belong are the ones that are working out like they're supposed to. They're eating what they're supposed to. They RARELY go off course, if at all. The ones who dream of it talk about getting on the stage but don't do the work to get up there. They're hit or miss with workouts and sticking to the meal plan and have every excuse in the book as to why they've gone off course. Well let me tell ya something: I am NEITHER. I would love to have the perfect chiseled body, but A--I am not going to do the work and B--I am not going to sit here whining about wanting to be on stage while I shove a cookie in my mouth. I will eat what I want, when I want, where I want but I will be smart about it. I just want to reach my goal weight and look good doing it. I don't need anything beyond that.

Meal plan for the next few days:

  • Reuben's on whole wheat
  • Tortellini salad
  • Veggie Pizza

I've got nothing planned beyond that. I really haven't been eating dinner lately. I'd love for dinners to be light--salads, fruit, etc.

That's it. That's life in a nut shell. Stay tuned for more to come!

No comments: