Monday, October 18, 2010

I feel awesome!

Happy Monday everyone!  Where does the weekend go?

I had a kick booty workout yesterday.  I did 36 mins on the treadmill with a walk/run combo. I started off with 6 mins walking and 6 mins running at 4.0 mph, followed by 4 mins walking, 6 mins running, 4 mins walking, 6 mins running, 4 mins walking.  I increased my speed to 4.2 on the second set, then 4.3 on the last, with the last 1.5 mins running at 4.5 mph.  Right now I am slow, but considering I went from sitting on the couch to straight running, I will take it!

I stopped full blown running and opted for a walk/run combo because I have some ankle pain. Typically, my ankles hurt right around the 4:45 mark. Then when I stop and walk, it gets better. I am sure its nothing major, I am just not accustomed to running and carrying an extra 25 lbs doesnt help. But right now, I am trying not to aggravate things. After my run yesterday my shins were hurting a little. STAY AWAY SHIN SPLINTS!  After my run, I did X Stretch (P90X). It felt sooooooooooooooooooo good. I think I will do this at least 1x per week, if not more. Flexibility never hurt anyone!

I am tweaking my diet some.  I was going to stick to a plain ol chicken/green beans/broccoli/tuna diet, but I have added carbs in the form of whole wheat pasta, brown rice, and oatmeal to my diet. Here's a sample menu for today:

M1: Egg White Omelet with salsa, sour cream, jalapenos and 1/2 cup steel cut oatmeal with apples
M2: Myoplex after workout
M3: 1 cup spaghetti with whole wheat pasta
M4: Grilled steak salad
M5: Baked chicken, broccoli, sweet potato

I may not eat M4 because its been in the fridge since last week and I am not sure if its still good. I may wait until I get home for M4 and have something light like string cheese and grapes.

I have been adding in gatorade or the gatorade pre-workout drinks. I do account for those in my calorie count. I also have been trying to drink more water.

Last week I was at 147, the other day I was at 143.6. Go me! Today I was up to 145. Stupid scale. Drink more water. Drink more water!

That's all I've got right now. Just working, working out, and trying to stay sane.  Have a fantastic week!

1 comment:

Kelly Olexa said...

That diet looks awesome and you are KICKING BUTT chick!! Love you!! Let's own it!! WOOT!