Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Suck it up cupcake!


The past two days I have been dog tired. I have been begging for 4:30 to roll around so I can go home. Of course, once at home I am begging for 8:00 so the kids can get ready for bed. I usually dont end up in bed until 10:30 or so, and then I dont end up sleeping well. Yesterday and today have been a struggle at the gym. I have to MAKE myself go. Trust me, I didnt want to go. I just wanted to sit around and do nothing. But little cupcake here sucked it up and went. I ended up doing a 30 minute run yesterday in spite of being lethargic. Today I did an easy 30 on the bike. Neither time did I want to be at that gym. But both times I pushed myself. And look what I accomplished.

There are times when life happens. We are tired, not feeling well, too busy...The thing is, we have to MAKE ourselves get up and do things. Day after day I can come up with excuse after excuse to NOT workout. I am busy at work, I am tired, I will take today off and do it tomorrow, I have kids...At some point we have to make the choice to crush the excuses. Sometimes we have to do things we dont want to do but it's so worth it. I couldve sat on my booty for an hour, but I made a decision to workout instead. Instead of being setback and being two days further from my goals, I am not two days closer to being where I want to be. ***Disclaimer***I do advocate taking rest days from working out. Thursday will be a rest day. But there is a difference between a planned rest day and taking the day off because you just didnt feel like working out.

So I encourage all of you to just push through it when you really dont want to. Remember, you're the only one stopping yourself from reaching your goals!