Friday, January 2, 2009

Goals, Goals, Goals

I don't have much time on the computer. I have been assessing my life these past few days. I've been looking at all areas--finance, fitness, family, etc. I'm not going to list all of my goals here, but I will share something I am tackling.

I am taking on personal training. Okay, NOT in the sense that you think of a personal trainer. But I do have a "client." She's a friend of mine and she needs to drop a few pounds. She was telling me about a diet she's doing with one of her friends--you drink fruit juice for 4 days, then you add in stuff and blah, blah, blah. I told her this was a fad diet and the minute she ate something real, she would blow up. She tried to convince me that it wouldn't happen because you gradually add in food. Anyway, I told her that she needed to eat right if she wanted to really get the weight off. Oh yeah, she's in the Air Force and her career depends on it. I told her she needed to spend some time at the gym and she said she couldn't. I asked her why she couldn't--she didn't have a family, a 2nd job, schoolwork, etc. She said she couldn't because she just got too bored there. I told her that it was up to HER to get the weight off and she had to make a commitment if she wanted it off. I told her I would be more than happy to work with her to teach her how to eat the right things and to work out with her. She said she wanted my help so here I go! Wish me luck. To be honest, I don't have a lot of faith in her. I've watched her act as a slacker in a lot of different areas. If she doesn't set her mind to this, then it won't happen. She has to want it for herself. I am merely here to guide her in the right direction and away from fruit juice. I really hope she sticks with it. I have faith that she will do well. I hope she does too!

I'll write more later when I am back home. Hope every one's 2009 is off to a fantastic start! Mine is.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey chica!

So funny, I had almost the SAME conversation with a girlfriend of mien with some quick fix diet thingy. I just told her: patience and consistency are the KEYS and there are no quick fixes. Period.

So nice and giving of you to help your friend.

Jess