Friday, March 9, 2012

Stressssssssssssssss

I have a line on my forehead next to my left eye.  I guess it’s usually called 11’s, but I only have 1, so I am going to call it 1.  I spend a lot of time trying to minimize this.  I have even considered botox because I HATE it.  Well, yesterday I looked in the mirror and noticed all sorts of lines on my forehead that weren’t there before.  Where did they come from?  Were they always there but I didn’t notice because I was busy staring at one line?  Did I make them happen as I squished up my face trying to make the one disappear?  Maybe stress suddenly brought it on?  I have NO idea but I swear they weren’t there last week.
So this got me thinking about stress in my life.  I don’t have any more stress than the normal person—at least I don’t think I do.  But I think my body is affected by stress.  For a while there I was breaking out in hives for no reason.  I am always tired.  I don’t feel like working out because my mood is so horrible I don’t want to move.   It seems like every Tuesday night I crash at like 8pm instead of my usual 10-11.  I think my body is just dealing with so much emotional stuff even though I don’t necessarily realize I am stressed out.  There have been times when I have gone days without eating hardly anything because I was too blah to eat, then I spend the next week eating like a horse---as if my body was trying compensate for missing the food.   Its amazing how we have a mind/body connection and how our mind can affect the body.
This leads me to yoga.  I wrote the other day about wanting to be flexible so I wanted to incorporate some stretch/yoga/pilates into my life.  Well I think I need it to mentally unwind too.  I only have one body.  I am not opposed to plastic surgery but A—I cant afford it and B—I am only 33.  Gosh if I started now I would have to do it forever to keep up my appearance.  Anyway,  I need to do what I can now to combat the signs of stress/aging.   Whether its doing cardio, or lifting weights, or doing something more relaxing like yoga, I need to do something before I find more wrinkles/lines on my faceJ
I am travelling to DC in mid-April.  I think our hotel will be in Arlington where we stayed last time.  We really liked the hotel, the metro was a few blocks away, as was a HUGE mall.  We were straight across from the Pentagon.  The Airport is a like 2 metro stops away and our class right outside the L’Efant Metro Station, which is only a few stops away.  I think we were at a Marriott Residence Inn so we had a kitchen!  There was a fab grocery store a couple of blocks away.  There was free breakfast and dinner at the hotel.   We were originally going on this trip March 18th but we decided to wait until April.  The hotel was booked in March so we were going to stay in a very similar hotel up in Rosselyn but I think we will stick with the one we are familiar with.  Okay, with that being said, I was hoping to do some hot yoga while in DC.  I live in Podunk Texas and there is NO hot yoga here.  So why not take advantage of it while I am in a city that DOES have it?  I didn’t do a ton of research but I found a studio that was on Capitol Hill.  Actually, there’s another on Dupont Circle.  Hey, I know how to get to both of those places.  Either would work just fine.  So I checked the pricing--$30 for 10 days. That’s so awesome. Oh wait, you must be a DC resident.  BUMMER.  Looks like I am paying $19 a session if I want to try this.  Hold that thought...I found ANOTHER one in the Dupont area that has a $50 traveller week.  Hmmmm…..I would be there Sunday night, so I could get in 6 sessions.  Is it worth it?  Have you tried it?  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know how this worked out for you? 

No comments: