Monday, September 1, 2008

Ode to Kelly Bad-Ass

Watch out everyone! Kelly Bad-Ass is already up, kicking booty's, taking names, and stealing wimpy people's lunch money. I'd better get up and do something productive before she takes mine!

Seriously guys, keep your eye on Kelly O. This girl is GOING PLACES!!!! I've always seen her potential. I've known her for geeze, maybe 6 years. (Holy crap K.O., has it been that long???? I was doing the Atkins thing in 2002....) She's ALWAYS been inspirational. She's ALWAYS been on fire. I am where I am today because of her. There are so many times that I've fallen off the wagon. I was thin but working out wasn't a priority. But I would talk to Kelly and some new found inspiration mustered up inside of me and I was back on track again. We've all been through bad times and I had a rough time where I was getting a divorce and quitting law school. Not an easy time. I'm not going to say I poured myself in to the gym and became this buff babe. No. It didn't happen like that. But once my head cleared, Kelly was there to help me get back on track. There are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times I've wanted to give up. It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier to sleep all day and to eat cheesecake and cookies. I've NEVER done that...I'm just making a point--that ANYTHING is easier than working out and eating healthy. Anyway, I would talk to Kelly and here she was doing amazing things---she was always on the ball with working out. That made me want to get off my butt and do something. And I did. And I thank her for being there for me! Now, don't think Kelly is non-human. She has her faults. She makes mistakes. Occasionally she will miss a workout or eat something not on plan. She makes mistakes too. But she learns from those mistakes. She moves forward. She doesn't take the entire week off because of one incident. She doesn't have 5 cheat meals because she had a bite of cheesecake. She moves on. She's awesome. (How many people have said "Well, I just had a cheat meal, my day is shot, I might as well throw the day away." or "Well, I will just start again on Monday." That's like one step forward and 8 steps back. Don't do it!) Lastly, this chica travels like a mad woman and she STILL gets her workouts in. She rocks. How many people whine about not having time to workout because you're too busy. THIS chick is busy!

Anyway, Kelly O., I am your greatest fan. You're going places. I know this. I've always know it. I didn't know if it would take you a month, a year, or 10 years, but I saw the potential you have. I can't wait for the rest of the world to see.

Now go on and follow in the footsteps of K and go take some lunch money from the dork at the gym!

1 comment:

Kelly Olexa said...

Sherry, um, I do NOT Have any faults. I thought I told you that. Didn't I make myself clear? LOL Wow. Thank you for your post. I think that you don't even realize it was YOU RECENTLY that made ME get on fire again. See how good we are for each other? I think I want to marry you, but I am not a lesbian. Dang.
Let's ROCK THIS WEEK! AB PICTURES SOOON I SWEAR!!!!