Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Food for Thought

What a day! What a day! 
I have been super busy but wanted to take a minute to ask a question that has been plaguing me all weekend:  Is it better to start a diet immediately, or wait until the beginning of the week?
I know there are so many schools of thought on this. Some “studies” say that you have greater success if you wait until Monday. Some say you will have greater success if you start immediately, because if you fall off the wagon one day, you will get right back on, instead of waiting for that next Monday.  Some people think you should start at the beginning of the week for a fresh start. Some think you should start immediately so you don’t spend the days between now and Monday pigging out, putting you further from your goal.
What is your personal opinion?
My thoughts are start as soon as you can.  I have watched people just gorge themselves on their “last meal” “last day” before dieting.  I have watched people eat badly mid-week, then just go ahead and eat badly the rest of the week waiting for Monday to roll around.  My personal opinion is that if you give yourself. I personally, do not see the point in waiting.  Okay, there may be reasons to wait, like you don’t have any proper food and for some reason you cant get to the grocery store until the weekend. That’s okay. But giving yourself time so you can eat badly for a few more days isn’t the right way to go. You don’t have to be putting it off specifically so you can eat poorly for a few days, but we have all been there and done that “Well I am going to diet tomorrow so I will eat this cheeseburger today” “I was so bad at lunch, I guess I will eat bad for the rest of the day.” 
That’s all I have. I would love to hear what you think!

No comments: