Saturday, February 25, 2012

Vitamins!

Have you taken your vitamins today?

Do you take vitamins?  Other supplements?

I take about 20 pills a day! I hate swallowing pills, especially huge ones.  But I do what I have to do in order to keep my body functioning properly.  Is it doing any good?  I don't know.  In 2010 right after I had my last child, I went to the doctor because I felt like garbage.  I wasn't producing testosterone or progesterone, my thyroid was low, and tada--my body wasn't storing any vitamins.  My doctor told me it was pointless to breastfeed because I wasn't storing anything and therefore wasn't passing anything along to my child.  Its not like she was stealing it from me, I just had nothing to give her.  My doctor suggested I take liquid vitamins because "they" don't know where the pills break down in your body, so maybe if the vitamins hit my system sooner I would benefit from it. I guess this would occur with liquid vitamins. I tried that for a while but with all the different vitamins I am currently taking, I cant find all of them in liquid form.  So I am back to swallowing 20 pills a day!

What supplements do you take?  Do you notice a difference from when you were and weren't taking them?

Recap from last week:  I only worked out twice.  I am aiming for 5 days next week!  I have been out of the gym for so long, I feel like an old lady after a workout.  Once you get out of the routine its so hard to get back in it.  I got in a great arm and even better leg workout.  That's 2 days closer to my goal than if I had skipped the gym.  My legs are still a little sore from earlier this week. My arms aren't nearly as sore as I anticipated. 

What did YOU do this week? Did you rock it?

Have a great weekend everyone.  Its cold here in Texas so I plan on staying in all weekend.  I rented 7 movies and I am on #3. Yep, its a lazy weekend. Hope yours is fantastic too!

No comments: