Sunday, February 12, 2012

The question is: What?

What motivates you? What gets you up in the morning? What gets you to the gym? Do you look at your former self and long for those days? Do you stare at your coworkers in envy? Do you hit the gym so you will live a long healthy life? Do you hit the gym because its just your way of life?

I was having a conversation with my hair stylist regarding waiting to diet until Monday or starting today. She couldn’t even answer the question because eating healthy is her normal way of life. She couldn’t imagine herself in a situation where she needed to diet, because she’s always on a diet. Now I don’t mean diet like “oh, I’m counting calories again” but diet as in, what she eats. She said if anything, she would work out harder at the gym, but wouldn’t change the way she eats.

So what motivates me? My former self does. I had kids, gained weight. End of story. I am about 10 pounds heavier than where I want to be, where I know I can be. One day, about 4 years ago, I was eating a Lean Cuisine. Someone asked my whey I was eating that. I told her it was because I was trying to lose a few pounds.  She told me I needed to get over that, my high school days were over, I was a mom now. WOW. So we should all let ourselves go because SHE did? Um, I don't think so.

Alright, I must go. I would love to hear YOUR thoughts on the matter.  What makes you do what you do?

No comments: