Friday, February 3, 2012

What have YOU been up to?

I haven’t blogged since June of last year. Wow, time flies.  I started off my first post of the year with some thoughts that run through my head when people want to lose weight but do nothing.  I suppose I should’ve started off with telling you all what I have been up to lately.



Lets see, I had my youngest daughter in November of 2009.  I think I started this blog to track the weight loss from my daughter born in 2006.  Anyway, I have spent 2 years trying to get the last 20-30 lbs off.  The weight stuck to me for many reasons:  A—I had NO progesterone and NO testosterone. Apparantly those things help with weight loss. I also had thyroid issues. Well the thyroid cleared up but the hormones didn’t.  I have finally begun to lose weight so I am assuimg my hormones are okay for now.  I should have it retested but I hate my doctor and don’t want to go see her.  I should get a new one but that takes an act of God here. I am in San Angelo, Texas, not a third world country. Doctors have to approve you in order to take you on as a patient and it takes weeks to get in. Where do the really sick patients go?? I digress. B--I didn’t work out and eat like I should. Duh, if I am doing nothing, I am going to gain weight or maintain weight. C—I have been sick. I think I was sick for a good two months in October/November with a crazy upper respiratory infection. My lungs were congested but nothing would come up.  2 doctor visits, 2 steroid shots and antibiotics and $320 later, it cleared up.  But I am feeling sick again and my kids are coughing. Great.  A few weeks ago I heated coffee in the microwave for 30 seconds and it boiled onto my hand resulting in 2nd degree burns. Its almost healed now. Its kind of hard to life a weigh when the skin is coming off of your hand.  D—I have been MEGA stressed. I got a divorce in September.  I didn’t necessarily want it at the time. I don’t necessarily want it now. I am still stressed from it.



So, when you couple all of those things together, its no wonder I didn’t lose weight. In October I signed on with Team Bombshell. I am happy to say I have shed some pounds. Honestly, I haven’t been following the plan. Not making excuses but I was REALLY sick, I couldn’t breath, its tough trying to work out when you cant breathe.  I am still using an inhaler multiple times a day, whereas pre-illness, I rarely used one. Then just as I got back to the gym, I injured my hand. I didn’t completely give up, I tried to use some cardio equipment or work out muscle groups that didn’t require the use of my hand but I found myself hitting the hand on things.  The skin finally came off and I have new growth but it is still tender to touch because the skin is so thin there.  I was still following my meal plans, on days I am not too bummed to eat.  I am not an emotional eater…I am an emotional non-eater.   That’s really no excuse either, I can force myself to eat. And I should. Skipping meals is unhealthy.  My confession here kind of counters my last post when I was complaining about people that cry about losing weight but do nothing.  In my defense, I physically couldn’t workout.  I guess I could’ve taken those 30 min walks…while puffing on an inhaler every 5 steps and praying I didn’t brush my hand against my leg as I walkedJ 



I see some changes in my body.  I am only 10 lbs away from my goal weight. If I would’ve followed the plan, where would I be today?  Wow, to imagine where I COULD be is breathtaking.  I love fitness. I have the muscle structure to look how I want.  I have the time to do it. I AM going to get there. No excuses!  I will be blogging more updating you with my progress.  If I am not accountable to someone, then I can do whatever I want right? WRONG.  We all need to be accountable!



No comments: