Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Is it Wednesday already?

I had a post yesterday that I typed on a word document and failed to paste it here. Today, as I was getting ready to paste, I got a call that my daughter was sick and needed to be picked up from daycare.  So much for that.  I guess I will start from scratch.

I worked legs yesterday.  Wow, that was rough.  Previously I hated working legs because it hurt so much.  Once I figured out how much I could lift, I loved it.  Then I got out of working out (think I had a baby).  Now, I have to admit, I hate it again.  I was using the leg extension machine and only had 10 lbs on it and wanted to cry.  My quads were burning.  It wasn't pain, just an uncomfortable feeling.  I hate it!  Stay tuned and in a few months I will love legs again.  I have nice legs anyway, so I should enjoy improving them.  My hamstrings are tight. Always have been. I am not sure why it kills me to work the quads. Of course they're sore today, as are the hams.  I LOVE DOMS. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  The second day is always the best! 

I didn't workout today.  I walked to my car, was headed to the gym, then life happened.  I wont go into the details here, but I had a melt down and I couldn't go into the gym like that.  I needed to get it out of my system. I needed to just sit there, paralyzed, as life happened.  The thing is, this has been my case far too often for the past few months.  I get ready to go to the gym, then I fall apart--I am just too upset to move.  Today I had a nice little cry session whereas the other days my mood is just so terrible that I can't function.  I know I need to push myself, make myself get out of my office chair, and go to the gym.  Today I needed to just put my car in reverse and drive to the gym.  Surely I would've felt better right?  Are you able to workout if you're mad/sad/etc?  If so, does it make you feel better?  I know the whole working out releases endorphins. I get that.  But I want to hear from you--are you able to do it?

Here's to hoping I make it to the gym tomorrow.  I have every intention of going.  Wish me luck:) 

No comments: