Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thoughts for Thursday

I feel like an old lady. Wow it is hard to walk. My boss watches me get out of a chair in his office and asks whats wrong with me. Clearly theres a look of horror on my face or something because he can’t help but to notice that something is a little off with me. Yeah Bob, something IS wrong, my legs feel like the muscle is ripping of the bone, thanks for checking on meJ  But did I mention I love the feeling?
I am still feeling really blah today, but I am thankful I have a workout partner.  If you don’t have one, you must get one.  This person will help keep you motivated and accountable.  W texted me asking if we were working out and I replied with yes.   I immediately sent a second text stating “You’re going to have to make me go.”  W said “Ok, I will pick you up.”  Its kind of hard to blow someone off when they’re outside waiting on you.  Once at the gym, I had a great time.  I had a great workout, I even died laughing while working out. You know its good when your side starts to hurt.  (W was taking a drink of water and I moved my hand like I was going to slap his/her tummy, W flinched and ended up jerking the water bottle out of his/her mouth and got water everywhere. It was funny, you had to be there).  I am thankful I have someone there to push me to my limits.
I don’t know if I ever shared the story of how I ended up with Tem Bombshell.  I had used another trainer before because I saw what great results a few bloggers had with him.  Well one person I followed was part of Team Bombshell and WOW, she had great results.  She always inspired me so I wanted to do what she did.  But there’s more to it than just following someone.  I was going through a lot in my life and I needed something to focus on to get me through it.  I figured if I poured myself into working out/prepping meals, I would forget everything else around me (and I would have a nice body).  Well that was a nice thought but life got in the way—I was sick for like 2 months, then I injured my hand.  I am going through a lot again and I should probably remember why I started on this journey:  something to focus on while improving myself. I spent so much time sitting here neglecting myself, neglecting my workouts because I was in a funky mental state.  I need to dig down deep inside and focus again so I am not focusing on the negative around me.  If I put as much effort into working out as I did with moping around, wow I would have a smoking hot body!
Anyway, many many thanks to my friend W. I appreciate you making me work out more than you will ever know.   And I appreciate you spitting water all over yourself just as muchJ

No comments: