Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Shopping

Clothes are a funny thing. How is it that I can fit an a size 6 pants and small top from the Women's Dept, yet I wear a 9 and large (tops) in the Juniors department?

anyway, I have an interview tomorrow with a Commander on base. All of my "dress" clothes are too small. I have *some* that fit, but I kind of look like a rag doll. I can wear jeans at my current job, so I didn't have to worry about the "dress" clothes.

I swore I wasn't going to buy anymore clothes. I have a TON of clothes in the closet. Problem is I can't fit in them. I said I wasn't going to buy new clothes; instead I would just lose the weight. Well, each month I end up buying some article of clothing. I try to buy the smallest size possible because "I am going to lose weight soon, and I want to be able to wear it later." Not this time.

I *could've* bought the size 7 pants (I didn't even try on 4's) but they were a little snug. The 9's fit so much better. I know I will regret this in a few months when I do lose the weight. I will DEFINITELY regret it if I don't get this job. That means I will have pants that are too big that have never been worn. I guess I could always take them back and get a smaller size if I don't get hired. The problem is, everything is on clearance. With the holiday season approaching, what are the chances my size will be there? Geeze...maybe I should've bought the smaller pants. Ugggg......

Anyway, I spent $200 and got 3 pairs of pants, 5 or 6 tops, 4 shirts for my husband, a quilt, and 400 count sheets. I saved over $200. The sheets are pink btw, not my favorite color for bedding, but come on, the sheets were regularly $119 and I got them for $34.99. I think I got a good deal. Also, I bought myself 2 pairs of shoes, #3 a pair of shoes, and # 1 or # 2 a purse for X mas and only spent $63. Go me!

No comments: