Sunday, December 16, 2007

The smartest thing I have done!

I have a bowflex that's never really been used. I decided to start using it. I am following a 4 day workout plan--2 days arms and 2 days legs/abs. It's supposed to take about 20 minutes, but it takes more than that when I am trying to switch out the rods. Last Monday it was trial and error. I had to hook and unhook the rods to find the right setting. But fortunately for me I used my brain and wrote down how much resistance I was using. Tonight when I started to do it, I threw some weight on and realized it was much to heavy. Ding Ding Ding! The light shot on in my head and I looked down and saw the notebook! My workout went by pretty fast because there was no guessing. AND....in the book, they have you doing this, then hooking up this, then going back to what you were doing two exercises ago. Another smart move on Sherry's behalf--I knocked out all the workouts I needed while I had it in the same position instead of bouncing back and forth thus saving more time!

The other day I noticed the shoulder exercise hurt my elbows, so I pulled out the free weights to work my shoulders. Also, I didn't think the triceps workout really worked my triceps. I felt it in my biceps. So I used the free weights to get in an extra triceps workout. Speaking of triceps. Have I told you that I HATE working my triceps? I LOVE to work my biceps, but I hate working triceps. Also, I thought I could save time so I was trying to do both triceps at the same time. For the next set I decided to work the right one first then the left. That worked much better. I could actually feel it.

Tomorrow I get to work the legs. Oh joy. Typically, I have great legs. Did I tell you I HATED working the legs? I HATE it? When I was taking a sculpting class I resented it because #1-it hurt and #2-I had great legs. But, the other night I pulled out a pair of size 5 jeans. I was surprised that I could get them buttoned. Then I looked down and noticed it looked like they were plastered to my legs. WHAT???? Were my legs THAT big? I guess I am packing on some fat in that area. Those jeans did NOT fit like that before. Guess I better suck it up and work my legs.

I did okay today with eating. I made some cabbage and potatoes (no sausage) and some chicken and dumplins. I've eaten both on and off today. If I had to guess (and this is all it is), I'd say I had about 1 cup of raw cabbage, 2 cups of cooked cabbage and potatoes, and maybe 2 cups of chicken and dumplins. The cabbage and potatoes consisted of being sauteed in cooking spray, then seasoned with Season All, Tony's, Garlic, Onion Powder, and Salt. The dumplins were made with 2 chicken breast, 1 can of fat free chicken broth, 1 can of cream of chicken soup (not sure if it was fat free. It sure came out of the can like it was) and 1 can of biscuits. I noticed that the can said 1 serving of the biscuit was 100 calories. Not sure how much 1 serving was though. And the can is in the trash. I also ate 2 pieces of frosted mini wheats, about 15 cheerios, and 2 cups of coffee with sugar (gasp) and White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Creamer. I think AT MOST I had 1200 calories. Tomorrow I am going to make chicken salad--1 chicken breast, green onions, pickles, mustard, and about 1tsp of mayo. I may bring some wheat toast to accompany it. Not sure about breakfast. If I have any smart ones English Muffins, I may have one. If not, if I can remember a spoon and bowl, I'll have oatmeal. Dinner will be cabbage and potatoes, but since I Have to feed Clint too, I will probably make some fish to go with it.

There you have it. I'm not doing too bad! Yeah! 115 will be here sooner than I expected it!

No comments: