Friday, December 14, 2007

Ta-da

I have to tell you all about my friend Kelly. You can find her blog under my list of blogs. Anyway, I "met" Kelly a few years ago on an Atkins message board. I am not sure which one of us contacted the other offline, but it seemed that we had alot in common, at least compared to the other people in the group. Since that day, Kelly has been my "diet lifeline." I can e-mail her and tell her hey, I'm working out, I'm sitting on my ass, I'm losing weight, I'm fat., etc. And she does the same.

I am thankful to have her in my life for when I have my little melt downs. She may be on the other end of the e-mail rolling her eyes, but at least I am able to talk to her. I've had so many people tell me "You look fine the way you are." Screw you. It's not about what YOU think, It's about how I see MYSELF. But....I don't want people to see me as okay. I want to be hot. Anyway, I wanted to share with you what I shared with her last night.

The past few days, I have been consuming under 1100 calories. I have only been eating when hungry. Once I get back to working out religiously, I will increase my calories because I will be hungry. Anyway...I recently bought a digital scale and it had been telling me I was anywhere from 130-133 lbs. I got on it last night and it said I was 135 lbs. I was livid. Granted, I was completely dressed and it was in the evening, but come on, how did I pack on THAT many lbs? There was NO way. Well, I am happy to report that I got on there this morning and it said.....

Here comes the tada........

128.2! (I even got on my dial scale, the one that wouldn't move from 125, and it said I was 122!!!!)

2 comments:

Laura McIntyre said...

Yah on the loss, it is really all about how you feel yourself.

Sherry said...

I am so sick of people telling me things like "You're small enough" "Your high school days are over. You're a mom now. You'll never be that small" I WAS that small just before having the baby. I hate that people use babies as an excuse to stay fat. MY SIL is like 37 or so and she is HUGE. She was like 90 lbs when she married my brother. She is now over 200 lbs and she's about 4'10. She says she's fat and can't lose weight because she had kids. I hate that.