Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's been a long weekend

I'm glad to be home. Friday I had to spend 3 hours in the car getting my step daughter. Then Saturday I spent about 4.5 hours going to get my daughters then going to San Angelo. Then today I was stuck in the car for about 8 hours. Sure, we made a few stops. But still....we had to take #1 and # 2 home, then take my step daughter 1/2 to her house. This travelling really gets to me.

#1-It consumes all of my weekend. So much time is spent in the car and so little time is spent doing anything else.

#2-Forget eating right. When you spend that much time in the car, you have to grab what is convenient. I did pack some things in a cooler; I may have to pack meals for myself (tuna, salads, fruit, etc.). Sure, everyone else could benefit from eating healthy foods over the fast foods. I'll just have to see how that works out. I am much too tired to think about it now.

#3-Working out. What's that? Working out is challenging too. I guess I could bring free weights. I could also leave my kids in the room with 3 little girls while I went to the fitness facility on site at the hotel. But that's not very fair to him. I need to figure out how to incorporate working out in the mix too. Again, I'm too tired for that.

And please don't get me started on the days that I have to go down there, drive back, then do it the next day. I can't stay in a hotel all the time. There are times when Clint has to work and I am not staying in a hotel with three little girls. I just don't feel safe.

(For those of you that don't know, my daughters live with my ex. When we got a divorce, they lived with both of us. Then I got married and was living 70 miles away and we didn't want to move them from their schools so I got them on weekends (holidays, summer time, etc. and they were so close, I could see them whenever). Well, a year and a half later, he had to move because of his job. Now they're 4 hours away. People tell me that I should've fought it but you know what, they were use to being with him primarily, and they're closer to his mom and dad--who are the only grandparents they have in their lives, so we thought it would be easier for them to make the move. My thoughts to those that don't like it is this: Until you walked a mile in my shoes, back off.

Moving on....sometimes I just need a break. Sure, we get one weekend where we're not travelling all over the place. But I still have the baby. I never get much "me" time. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that I don't have the luxury to say "Okay, I'm going to the gym from this time to this time." I have to make it fit in my schedule.

Alright, I am off to finish cooking. My husband is playing the Wii but he's bitching at me for being on the computer. Again, no time for myself. I guess I have to sit there and watch him. Sure, we could play 2 player, but I am cooking and don't want to play. BESIDES...my body is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sore from that thing. It even hurt to bowl yesterday (on the Wii).

No comments: