Saturday, February 9, 2008

Things I've recently realized

I just realized some things about two minutes ago. I've actually thought about it before, but this time it seemed to click. In another two weeks I'll be posting the same thing as I will likely forget it and have a melt down. So what did I realize?

I'm not going to have the body I want in the morning. It's going to take time. I sit here reading others fitness blogs and I want to be like them then it hits me: They didn't get like that overnight! I recently took 2 weeks off to sulk. I'm really getting back on track. Who cares if my stupid scale just told me I was 137 lbs and it was telling me I was 128 just before I started working out? I can look at my body (arms and legs) and see changes. Now my midsection is killing me as it looks like I am 5 months pregnant. Not sure what's up with that. I have the Mireana IUD and each month there's evidence that I am NOT pregnant. I had on a funky top the other day and one of the daycare workers asked if I was pregnant again. Nope, just fat. Then she put her hand on my belly and the top went in quite a bit to reveal that I wasn't preggo. Anyway, back to the story at hand.

The last time I started running, I started to gain weight. So I stopped running. Not because of the weight gain, because of a temp change in positions at work and no time to go to the gym. My weight went back down. I need to focus, keep working out, and I will see results. Good thing I don't weigh myself that often--I'd have a heart attack. Maybe this weight gain is just water weight since it is that time of the month....

Okay, that last sentence was a JOKE. I LOVE to make fun of people that have silly excuses for gaining weight or not losing. "It's my time of the month so I am retaining water...that's why I haven't lost weight." "I only drank 60 ounces of water today instead of 64, so I must be retaining water....that's why I haven't lost weight." "It's mid cycle, I retain water when I ovulate, that's why I gained 6 lbs." "I got off the left side of the bed instead of the right, that made me retain water, that's why I am heavier today." Okay, I am being facetious. Sure, water retention/bloating MAY cause a weight gain, but it irritates me when people use this as a crutch. Um...maybe it IS water..or maybe you ate more..or maybe you didn't work out as much. Does it always have to be water???

I'll take a midol and tell you if I lose the 11 lbs.....

No comments: