Monday, April 7, 2008

WORK out means WORK

There's really nothing too exciting to post today. I had a very nice weekend in San Angelo. I discovered my new favorite store is Academy. LOVE IT. I ended up purchasing an elliptical. I wanted a treadmill but had my site set on spending a certain amount. I went to Big 5 and they had a REALLY good deal on one, in my price range, but they didn't have any. So I went back to Academy and looked that the treadmills in that price range and discovered they were crap. So, I walked out with an elliptical. It was decent. At least I think it was. Ellipticals aren't my thing. I can tell you about crap treadmills, but I can't tell you anything about Ellipticals. To be honest, I HATE them. I've used one a few times at the gym for MAYBE 5 minutes. My quads start burning and I am finished. And this is on the lowest setting min you. So WHY would I get one of these contraptions? For starters, Clint wanted it. He said treadmills are too hard on his knees and he would prefer an elliptical. Secondly, I had an epiphany. I said, out loud, that I don't like to work when I am working out, hence the reason I don't like ellipticals. Then it hit me. WAIT you fool, you really DO need to WORK if you want results. I may have skated by in the past not really working to get the body I desired, although I was working out. But it was nothing strenuous. I've now come to realize that I really need to work to get the body I desire--which isn't the body I wanted back then. I wanted to be a stick back then. Now I want to be buff!

My husband challenged me to watch "I am Legend" while on this thing. Um...I don't think so. But I am going to try!

Alright, I am off to use the Elliptical. Wish me luck.

No comments: