Saturday, May 3, 2008


I have about 20 ounces of water left to drink. That would be 20 ounces out of 1 gallon. I tell you, my tummy's full...and I don't know if I can get that last bit down. I look at others blogs for motivation, hoping it can inspire me to get it down. But at this point, I just don't know if I can do it!

I've mentioned this numerous times, but I don't typically consume 64 ounces of liquid a day---that includes water, coffee, diet soda, etc. So I am not consuming twice as much WATER a day. This is my second day in a row consuming that much. Shame on me...I know...but I've only been getting down about 1/2 a gallon lately. Yesterday, I had a gallon of water, plus about 12 ounces more, plus about 8 ounces in my tea. I WILL get the rest of this water down tonight, one way or another. If I have to stay awake 2 more hours in order to get it down, I will!

When I was pregnant with #2, I had water intoxication. YEP, I drank too much water, too fast, and I was SICK. My boss and I were trying to make sure we got in our 64 ounces of water. So, we decided to race. I drank 64 ounces in about 10-20 minutes. Right after, I got the most excruciating headache and I felt sick. I called my OB's office and thankfully got the nurse and she told me to get some Gatorade ASAP. Fortunately, we had Gatorade at the shop. She told me I had drank too much too fast and my body needed electrolytes and I basically had water poisoning. It's kind of scary because not too long ago I read that some woman drank too much too fast and died. (Radio station contest). I'm glad my nurse answered the phone that day!

So, I sit here wanting to just chug the rest of the water, but I have a fear that I may get sick and die! I finished the 1st 1/2 gallon around 7:30. I started the 2nd half around 9. I am just wondering if consuming 64 ounces of water in a 2 hour time frame is a bad thing.

My eating was good today. I just finished a killer arms workout. I hope I'm sore tomorrow! I missed a back workout yesterday. I skipped the gym at lunch. Actually, I bought new running shoes because I had left every pair I own at home (4). then I hit the elliptical for 15 mins. I was going to go back after work but Clint needed me home because the Directv guy was here and he needed to leave to go to work. (This guy ended up spending over fours hours here. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR). So I had to leave work early, get the baby, and head home. I had planned on working out from home but my bowflex wouldn't suffice and I needed the gym equipment. Since there's no one to watch the baby, I couldn't go. I am a little bummed about missing a session, but I will press on and not dwell on it.

alright, I am going to hit the bed. I will drink a little more, then I will finish the rest when Clint comes home around 2am. Gulp Gulp!


Anonymous said...

I SO couldn't chug my water down. I need to spread it out during the day. Even when I haven't finished my gallon and have some left, I try to finish it, but just have to take it slow and spread it out. Glad you were okay with that one episode. That sounds really scary!

Haley said...

Don't drown!