Thursday, March 6, 2008

6.1 is my 10 for the day!

Cardio for today wasn't nearly as bad as the other day. When I hit my ten, I accidentally set the speed at 6.1 instead of 6.0 but I didn't change it. The workout was great overall. My 10 was definitely a 10, but I wasn't about to cry this time. It's not that the workout wasn't as intense, it's just that it didn't seem as "hard" this time.

I will admit that I was dreading going to the gym. I told myself that I could go after work before I got the baby. But I knew that I would find some excuse then, so I pushed myself and went. Good decision.

On a different note, it looks like I may have a new job by the end of March. I will be a Commander's Secretary. I had interviewed with him back in December and he told me he liked me, I was well qualified, he thought I would rock, but he wanted to keep his secretary. The problem is, I have Veteran's Preference, she doesn't, so he has to hire me. Um...that makes me feel GREAT. Anyway, he was pretty much forced to hire me because of the system. I feel bad for the girl he has to let go and I feel kind of shitty that he didn't really want me, but I have to suck it up and play the system. For those that don't know, I am only a temporary employee. This is a permanent position that pays more. Basically it equates to job security plus more $$. As a political science major, I should know how to play the game, but it does suck. I actually cried over this. I LOVE my job and I love the people I work with. But it could be over as early as May. I was extended through October, but I haven't seen the paperwork. Anyway, I can't stay where I am because technically my office has a civilian but she is matrixed out elsewhere. Although they won't bring her back to work in their section, I can't stay there forever. So....I can leave gainfully employed or I can leave unemployed. I choose the former. With ALL of this said, as a permanent employee, I get 3 hours of gym time a week. As it is now, I have to go during lunch or after work. I don't know how well it will work out being a commander's secretary (something I loathe btw) and trying to get out of the office 3 days a week. Regardless, I will continue to go to the gym during my lunch hour. Looks like I will have to get up earlier and have breakfast at home and somehow fit in gym time PLUS lunch in 1 hour. But I will survive!

Alright, enough rambling. I am getting emotional again. I KNOW this is best for me and for my family. But it doesn't change the fact that I don't want to go. I am a Taurus and regardless of being spontaneous, we really don't like change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im sorry your not happy about the change, im not a fan of change either.

Keep up the workouts, your doing so well with everything