Monday, March 31, 2008

Getting in touch with my roots

I was going to the gym at lunch. I felt rushed--drive 2 mins to the gym, change, get on the treadmill, walk/run for half an hour, shower, change, then go back to work. I couldn't get more into my workout and I wasn't fond of that. I get off work at 4:30 and I have to get the baby from daycare around 5:30, so basically I'm stuck with the same situation, although I wouldn't have to shower and change, but that would only give me a few more minutes. And on top of that, a lot of people go after work or some of the military organizations have PT that is taking place at that time. So I am not sure I could get a piece of equipment. Also, I started tanning at lunch. I drive off base to do this and going after work isn't an option because #1-I won't make it there, tan, and get the baby in time and #2-they're busy after I get off work. So....I was plagued with how the hell am I going to work out? Tanning is important to me right now. More important than working out? Well, maybe not MORE than, but it is important. I decided to get in touch with my roots, go back to the original plan, and it's great!

Back in 2002 when I lost weight, I was a SAHM waiting to start school. I had two small kids and I wasn't up to getting them dressed, loaded in car, and in to the gym. So, I bought a mini-trampoline. I bounced on this thing for 2 hours in the morning while watching ER (5 days a week). I lost 32 lbs in about 5 months. This was nothing strenuous. During commercials I would do crunches, change out laundry, etc. Well, tonight I pulled out my trusted trampoline (actually a new one) and watched Law & Order and The Hills for an hour. I could've went another hour. Now don't think this is a pansy workout. It's all about what you put in to it. It's relatively low impact, unless you jump like a mad woman. But, I moved my legs this way and that way and used the weights. I got a nice workout. And I got to watch some TV, something I haven't done in quite some time. I think this is something that's going to work out and contribute to my weight loss. Forget the gym. I have a gym here in my house. I may go to a Pilates class during my lunch hour but I'm going to stick to the trampoline 5 days a week here, for at least an hour. I don't know that I can fit two hours in without really messing with my schedule, but I will try. I start my new job in 2 weeks and there won't be any strolling in at 7:30 (or a few minutes after). I need to be there by about 7:20. Which means that I need to drag my butt out of bed well before 6:40. Perhaps I will start getting up at 6:00, working out half an hour, then getting ready. But really, that only gives me about 10 minutes more. Oh well, I will figure it out. But I will definitely use this thing for an hour at night.

I've drank about 70 ounces of fluid (40 ounces G2 and 30 ounces water). I drank about 80 ounces of water yesterday. Go me. It's getting easier and easier, but I have to remind myself to drink it. It's not like Oh, I'm thirsty, let me get a drink. It's like, okay, drink up!

Clint should be home soon. Mackenzie is falling asleep in her high chair. It's almost bed time. I think I'll get back to the trampoline until Clint gets homes.

1 comment:

P.O.M. said...

That sounds really fun. I had a trampoline when I was younger and loved it. Way to go back to your roots....