Saturday, March 22, 2008

Today is the greatest....day of the year

Okay, perhaps it's not the greatest. But it's going fine so far! I could do without Mackenzie screaming.

My day has officially been messed up, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Clint and I were supposed to go to Starbucks, then take the puppy to the Animal Shelter to get the remaining shots that she needs. Well, Clint's going to go to work. He missed work on Monday so basically he's making up for it today so that we're not flat broke when his check comes in! Well, that's not necessarily the case, but when you don't have sick time or vacation time and you take the day off and lose pay, it's noticeable. According to him, he's going to be working past two, so he can't go. GREAT. I have to figure out how to get the baby and the dog in the clinic. No biggie, I can figure it out. (Get dog out, put her on leash, get baby out..duh!)

I made some fantastic omelets this morning. That's my new favorite thing to cook. LOVE 'em. When I get home I am going to spend the day cooking a few meals. I much rather do this than to have to come home at night and worry about cooking. What's on the menu this week?

  • Adobe rubbed pork tenderloin and pico de gallo
  • Stuffed Anaheim Peppers (ground turkey and brown rice)
  • Turkey burgers (no bun) with asparagus and some other veggie
  • Talapia and green beans (and some other veggie)
  • Cabbage, Potatoes, and Turkey Sausage

I don't know what's planned for the rest of the week. What I have listed will get me through Wednesday night. And to be honest, that will last beyond Wednesday because we usually have a lot leftover. We finally ate the Split Pea Soup with Roast Turkey Breast last night; it was cooked Sunday. It was VERY good. And there's STILL more left. Lunch today! AND....I STILL have white chicken chili left. Clint and I ate this 2 times and his friend ate it once with us. We won't be eating this today, that's for sure! I feel like I make the same things over and over (veggie chili, chili, veggie soup, spaghetti, turkey meatloaf) so I am trying to make new things. I've pretty much made everything I desire from the Eat Clean Diet Cookbook. I want to make Quinoa dishes, but I can't get Quinoa in town. So that will have to wait. Beyond that, I have flipped through the book over and over again, but nothing jumps out at me. I prefer the recipes in the book over the cookbook. I'm hoping to see more recipes on the website.

BTW, I went to the Starbuck's website. I'm sage with a Light Honey Frappuccino--150 calories. MUCH better than the 340 calories I would consume if there was whipped cream on top! Guess my husband is missing out!

Later today I will be working my arms. YIPPEE. That's my favorite thing to do!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

No comments: