Sunday, January 6, 2008

I have a plan!

That's right I have a plan!!! My friend Kelly told me about Tae Bo Amped. She had just bought it and said that she had stopped doing Tae Bo some time back because all of Billy's Video's seemed on the beginner level instead of advanced. She felt that this was finally on the advanced level. Well, what Kelly does, I do, so I went out and about it. Actually, I ordered it from Amazon and it got here Friday. I was looking at the booklet that came with it and decided that I am going to follow the suggested workout guide in the book. It's 6 days on, 1 day off for 2 weeks, then I think there's 2 days off the last weeks. I am not sure how this is going to turn out, but I am going to give it a shot for 1 week. Billy Blanks says you can feel it after 1 day and see results after 1 week. I am going to try this for one week to see if it's true! I am also going to add in some Yoga Booty Ballet with it. I have several YBB DVD's. Some are cardio related but since I'll be getting that from the Tae Bo, I will use the YBB for toning (like the Goddess Booty Workout). If I don't see anything after a week, I may try it for another week or I may move on to something else. Not sure yet. I may be workout out too much, but here's my plan:

Tae Bo-6 days per week approximately 1 hour
YBB 5 days a week-Approximately 30 minutes
Treadmill Walking/Running-2-3 days a week 30-45 minutes
Arm and Ab workout-3-4 days a week or every other day

It's really hard to workout when we have to get #1 and #2. They live with their dad and he lives 4 hours away. If it's a 3 day weekend or holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas, its easy enough to drive down there and get them then come back home, and make the trip 2 days later. But having to get them one day then take them home the next isn't worth it. We spend 8 hours in the car. By the time we get to my house, there's not much time to visit. We thought it would be cheaper to stay the weekend down there instead of spending $200 in gas; wrong. I had to spend $100 in gas, $75 for a room (a crappy one at that), and we had to pay for 4 meals for 4 people. Yeah, I spent like $250. I can't do this 2X month. Anyway, I am afraid that we're going to have to start doing this. Like I said, it's just too much to do it in one weekend. I can take us out for one meal, then I can buy frozen things to eat for dinner, breakfast, and lunch. I know it's not the greatest thing, but I can spend $20 on 3 meals versus a minimum of $45. And if I am really nifty, I can bring my can opener and we can have things from a can! And I can bring plastic ware and knives and such and we can have salads. It won't be that bad. But....if I am spending 2 days in a hotel how can I workout? Well technically, Saturday would be the only problem day. I could work out when I got home that night. I could bring a DVD player to hook up to the TV, but there's really not that much room in the room to work out. I could bring my weights for arm work outs. I could always bring my mini trampoline, but it kind of takes up a lot of room. Oh what will I do??? I'll figure something out! In the mean time, I just want to get this started today.


2 comments:

Kelly Olexa said...

ROCK IT GIRL!!! YOU OWN IT!!! YOU'VE GOT IT!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a plan, so behind in my reading but hope its going well