Sunday, January 13, 2008

Tae Bo Legs

I've always had nice legs. Always. I have the perfect calf muscles. People ask me if I am a runner or dancer because my legs are that great. Now, I must admit that I do have some flab at the top of my legs. I definitely need to work on that. But overall, my legs are okay.

My husband I just purchased a cooktop, wall oven, and dishwasher. We were trying to get the old dishwasher out and had some issues. For starters, I have two broken nails. It HURTS when you pop two nails off. Anyway, when the previous owners put the tile down in the kitchen, they tiled in front of the dishwasher. That meant that pulling the thing straight out wasn't an option. We tried lifting on it but it wouldn't work. Our only option was to lift up on the countertop. Clint and his friend tried that while I tried to get the dishwasher out. Didn't work. So I suggested that Chris and I lift the countertop while Clint pulled the dishwasher out. I am only 5'3 and I didn't have an leverage to lift the countertop so ta-da, the lightbulb comes on in my head. I position myself on the floor and lift with my legs. I did a better job than Chris. In fact, we had to trade sides because his side needed to come up more. So Ms. Tae Bo Legs got over there and lifted it! Actually, long before they boys came in I was already lifting the countertop with my legs but as you can imagine, it is almost impossible to lay on the floor trying to lift the countertop with your legs and pull the dishwasher out with your arms. But I tried! I didn't do any workouts tonight. Here comes the excuses! I have 2 ovens, 2 dishwashers, the third row seat from my car, a microwave, a stovetop, and boxes for a stovetop, microwave, and dishwasher strewn throughout my home. Needless to say, there really isn't much room to work out. Going to my bedroom isn't an option because I will wake the baby and using the TV in #1's room isn't practical as I don't have any room to move in there. But don't worry, wrestling with that dishwasher left me breathless and I am certain my arms, legs, and back will be in pain. I am certain that I found new muscles that I never knew existed. Just wait until tomorrow!

That's it. I'm out. Only the cooktop is installed. The old oven and dishwasher is out, but the new ones aren't in their place. I'd love to be in bed in an hour but I am afraid that won't happen. Sigh. Good night!

No comments: