Monday, January 7, 2008

I kicked major bum today...or is it arse???

Let me tell you about the title first, then I will tell you about the booty kicking I did today. My friend Kelly is trying to cut back on swearing so she is inserting British words in the swear word's place. Hey Laura, if you can lend us some words, that would be great!! So, I will occasionally replace a word or two because it is fun. Oh Bloody Hell!

Back to kicking hiney's. Last night I did 40 minutes of Tae Bo. I would say I was 75% efficient. Until I get the hang of a workout, I don't give it my all. It's not that I am not trying to give it my all, it's just that I don't know what I am doing, so I am not able to do all of the workouts or I am not able to do them 100% correctly. Make sense? Anyway, I wasn't very sore at all this morning and I was a little disappointed. My calves were a little tight, but that was it. At lunch I went to the gym. I ended up running for 12 or 13 mins (7-8 mins the first time then 5 mins the last time) and walking for 17-18 mins. BTW, I DESPISE running. When I was a child, I would run everywhere. I grew up out in the country and my dad, aunt, and grandma lived on the same property, so I was running from one house to the next. When I was 15 I was diagnosed with asthma and didn't think I could run anymore. When I joined the Air Force at 18, I was forced to run for 6 weeks. Then in my 6 month tech school, I was *supposed* to run, but developed shin splints and didn't really run. So, at the grand age of 28, I have taken up running. I really want to be in a marathon. When I was 14 or so I told my step mother I wanted to be a runner in the Olympics. Great aspirations for someone that hates running huh? I don't think I hate it. I think that I developed an aversion to it and it's going to take some time getting use to. It's like having a favorite food, then eating it once and getting food poisoning. That will make you stay away from it for a long time. But you long for it so you try it again..just a little at a time. You have a fear that you won't like it anymore or it may make you sick. But lo and behold...it DOESN'T. Okay, maybe not the best analogy, but hopefully you get it the point. In case you haven't noticed, I go off on different tangents. Back to the case at hand. What did I do tonight? I did a 50 minute Tae Bo workout!! Go me! I did take a few breaks (to get the baby milk and to start dinner) but for 1/2 of those breaks I paused it and resumed. Like last night, I did 3/4 of the exercises and did it 3/4 correctly. For the things I couldn't do, I did something else in that place. I am sooooooooooo psyched!!!

Hubby will be home for lunch any minute now. Our satellite is turned off so it looks like I will have to clean to keep myself entertained. Why is my satellite off? Because I didn't pay the bill. Why? Because my husband's paychecks are weird and he gets paid via check, not direct deposit so that means I have to mail the check to the bank, which is 3 hours, or like 200 miles away. Long story but his pay period is off and we didn't have $$ going in to the bank when we normally would. So, #1-there was a missed check. #2-the $$ is en route, but isn't in the bank. So, I have about $10 in my bank account. Yeah, can't pay the satellite bill can I? Everything has been getting direct deposited until recently, so typically there would be $$ in the bank but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
it's somewhere on a mail truck. So, there you have it! Oh well. TV is overrated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe of course when it comes to it can not think of anything of the top of my head, will try and think of some for you